Okay, so I’m here today to talk to you about the Cartier Love Bracelet and how it totally changed the entire scope of my relationship. But, before I get into that, I wanted to let you know a little bit more about who I am. My name is Cecilia and I’m 30-something years old. I’m a jewellery designer specializing in women’s styles, and since I’m British through and through -- and proud of it -- I definitely know what I’m talking about when I use words like “quality” and “high end”.
So, imagine my surprise when I received a Cartier Love Bracelet out of nowhere from a wonderful man I had been dating at the time. He’d never given me anything from Cartier before, and I knew immediately that it was a popular Cartier Love Bracelet. It totally knocked me off my game -- which is saying something, because it’s the first time ever!
What is special about Cartier?This is a question I asked myself when I saw that I had been given this by the man I had been seeing. After all, this wasn’t a cheap gift, and I hadn’t really known how he felt about me -- until I pulled this out. The thing is, a Cartier Love Bracelet is a well-made piece. Created from solid gold and perfected with a sense of quality you don’t just find anywhere, this bracelet is a status symbol! You’ll want to show it off to those who see you everyday and they’ll know just what it means, both in sentiment and in fashion terms!
The thing is, obviously love is what inspired this special someone to buy this for me. In doing so, he helped me understand just how much he cared for me -- enough to give me a symbol that listed it out. Its impression was certainly a shocking one that made me think.
Why are Cartier bracelets so popular?This isn’t a bracelet that you’ll find just anywhere, really. They’re carefully made and perfected, and sold only in Cartier stores. They’re pricey and sophisticated and, well, impressive. I hate to admit it, but Cartier bracelets are impressive both in look and in feel. There’s a sense of iconic beauty when you wear one.
Then there's the fact they’re so popular amongst lovers. After all, it’s not called the Cartier Love Bracelet for no reason! It’s popular amongst happy couples and all those who want to symbolize their dedication to each other. With gold like that, love better be real, right?
What is Cartier jewelry famous for?As you may already know, this is a French company, originally. Easily a household name now, they started out in 1847 by namesake Fancois Cartier, in -- guess -- Paris. This company is known for many things, really, but amongst its most popular items are: perfumes, many kinds of high end watches, including leather-strapped ones, fashion scarves, bracelets and necklaces.
As far as its claim to fame, it’s hard to pick just one, mostly because Cartier is known amongst many celebrities and royalty. However, the top two often appear to be the Cartier Tank Watch and -- surprise, surprise -- the Cartier Love Bracelet.
Are Cartier bracelets worth it?This is a bit of a hard one. I mean, it’s a bracelet. But it’s a really nice bracelet. It’s also an expensive one that is designed to be a symbol of love and connect you to that special someone. So, it’s hard not to get behind that kind of thing, right?
The thing is, I’m a jewelry snob. Since I work with jewelry and I know good from bad,
10 facts about Cartier bracelets
Facts are the best thing ever, so I’ve put together some of the surprising ones that I found when I started digging into the world of Cartier a little more. Here are my favourites.
- The Cartier Love Bracelet was created in the hippie age, 1969 to be precise. Yet it’s still popular today. In fact, it’s one of the most popular purchases jewelry-wise!
- It was intended to be a play off of a chastity belt, but prettier. Symbolising faithfulness and truth, it’s often seen as being similar to a wedding band!
- You used to not be allowed to buy this for yourself, ONLY a partner. While this is antiquated now, those who were buying them in the 60s and 70s had to prove that they were buying them for a special someone!
- While it’s been around for a while, this bracelet was amongst the top researched bracelets in 2016, proving that it’s one of those timeless accessories that many enjoy both in terms of daily wear and the idea of effortless grace.
- This is a common gift between partners to signify their connection. Sometimes it was used like a wedding band, but it often could be used as a more relaxed symbol tying two people together!
- These often cause a problem with airport security and hospital emergency departments since they can’t be taken off without a screwdriver. Many will keep them on-hand specifically for that reason.
- There are serial numbers on the back to prevent cheap replications. This wasn’t always the case, but as knock-offs started to pop up, Cartier upped the game!
- The Love bracelet is unisex, though many women are seen wearing them. Men can wear them just as easily and use it as a token of their dedication, too!
- You can enjoy this in 3 gold hues: rose, yellow or white. Historically, they were only gold-plated, but now the ones that you buy are entirely pure gold with your choice of colour.
- You can upgrade to a diamond-studded bracelet if you wish, making it great for those who enjoy the idea of adding extra value to the bracelet. This is a part of what makes their price differ so much, too!
How are Azuro Republic’s bracelets similar to Cartier Love Bracelets?Even saying what I just did about Cartier bracelets -- trust me, I’m a fan -- I also have to say that they aren’t the only option out there. Seriously. In fact, one of the names that I’m most familiar with, and love the most, is Azuro Republic.
While they aren’t as worldwide as Cartier, granted, there is a sense of authenticity to them that I just can’t help but love. Every piece is handmade and is designed specifically to be the best it can be. Every option is unique and special, clearly made intentionally to be cherished and loved.
Lastly, it’s clear that Azuro Republic has a passion for making fine and loved jewelry. Like I said, I’m not easy to please because, to be blunt, I’ve seen it all. But when I look at some of their most popular pieces, I feel a pull to wear them and cherish them.
High end jewellery is the best way to go when you’re looking at adding something to your collection. Whether you’re looking solely at Cartier or you are considering Azuro Republic, too, both are going to get my seal of approval -- and that definitely means something compared to some random person on the street!