What Is a Wedding Band?
What is a men’s wedding band exactly? A ring specialty for the ring finger on your hand, a wedding band, is a sign to indicate the profession of your love to your partner and to indicate your married status.
The Western customs of wedding bands may be dated to ancient Greece and Rome and had been initially connected with the marriage dowry and subsequently with a vow of loyalty. Forged commonly from gold, silver, titanium, platinum, etc. These rings are usually not a part of the service itself but are given to each other at marriage, following the Roman tradition.
Difference Between Wedding Band vs Engagement Ring?
The next question was the difference between engagement rings and wedding bands. Here’s what I told him based on my extensive research.
The timing of presenting the ring is the first difference. Wedding rings are exchanged during the vows in the ceremony, while an engagement ring is resented at the time of the proposal and is a pre-wedding accessory.
Second is the appearance. Your engagement ring is more than often an extravagant accessory adorned with a stone and is sometimes surrounded by other tiny ones as well. On the other hand, wedding bands are made up of plain metal and have a band-like look.
Next is the recipient. Women are the receivers when it comes to engagement rings, while wedding bands are exchanged between the couple and worn by both men and women.
There is also a prominent price difference between the two. No matter how fancy, wedding bands are relatively cheaper than engagement rings since the latter are usually adorned with stones like diamonds, etc.
The last difference between the two is the presence of the ring bearer. Wedding bands are usually in possession of the ring bearer to be presented during the ceremony to the couple, while the engagement ring owns the groom himself.
Do You Need Both Wedding Band and Engagement Ring?
Once I explained the difference, he naively asked whether we needed both engagement rings and wedding bands. Fortunately, the answer for this lies in the heart of the weather, and the couple would own and wear both the rings. However, keeping a money-efficient and clutter-free outlook in mind, the couple's decision is left to the decision.
How To Wear Wedding Band and Engagement Ring Together
My friend, a true romantic at heart, wanted to get both. But how does one wear engagement rings and wedding bands together? Here’s how. Wedding bands are perched on the left-hand ring finger because of its proximity to the heart, while the engagement ring is worn on the middle finger, right next to the band. Although, one can always let go of tradition and wear them however they like.
When And How to Pick a Wedding Band?
The traditions are pretty straightforward for who buys the wedding bands. The bride and her family would pay for the groom’s band and the groom’s family, or he will pay for the bride’s band. This way, the love, and the expense can be divided equally.
It would help if you bought the rings at least three months before the ceremony. This is so you can deal with all possible scenarios, including ring fitting concerns, customization, and stock availability. What’s more, if you plan to get castigation such as inscriptions etc., done, you might have to pay extra for a last-minute order.
When buying a wedding band, you need to keep in mind the material of the ring, the size of the receipt, of course! Whether you want gemstones or not, or if you would like to get any message on it or not. All of this will help in determining your cost as well.
Cost Of Wedding Bands
Coming to the crux of the topic, the cost of wedding bands. According to statistics, the average cost of a gold wedding band is around $800 for the bride and $1,300 for the groom. What’s more, the price will also vary based on the style of the ring, the type of metal used, and the number of gems on it.
Best Men’s Wedding Band Material
There are so many best mens wedding band materials. Here’s a quick look into the best ones.
- Platinum, a major favorite on best mens wedding band materialis preferred for its longevity and lasting shine. However, all that shine comes with a price, so be ready for an expensive tag.
- Yellow gold is a traditional pick on the best mens wedding band material with different strength measures and carats available, you can get a warm ring at an affordable rate, but it will tarnish relatively faster.
- White gold is affordable yet still classic without the yellow tinge. Extremity durable and lighttight, white gold bands are low maintenance and elegant.
- Titanium is the perfect pick for all those who tend to be on the clumsier side. With a built as strong as a rock, it will last you a long time, but you won’t be getting any shine out of these.
- Silver has been used ever since ages for bands and continues to be a favorite because of its beauty. However, they do require tons of maintenance.
Best Mens Wedding Rings
Here are some of the best mens wedding bands
1. Best men’s wedding rings: Platinum
2. Best men’s wedding rings: Yellow Gold
3. Best men’s wedding rings: White Gold
4. Best men’s wedding rings: Titanium
5. Best men’s wedding rings: Silver
As a single man, I know the value of love, and I made sure my friend could learn as much as he could about the best mens wedding band and women’s rings through me so he could make the most out of this important event.